EGSR 2018 will take place in Karlsruhe, Germany, at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
. The conference is located in the Adolf-Würth-Gebäude with address Engelbert-Arnold-Str. 2, 76131 Karlsruhe.
About the venue
The Adolf-Würth-Gebäude is provided by the KIT for conferences and other events. Attendees will have access to a conference room, a roof-top terrace and a foyer where lunches and other meals will be served.
Information for Presenters
Slides should be prepared with an aspect ratio of 16:9. The possibilities to darken the room are limited, so please ensure that all figures have sufficient contrast. There is no slide template. Notebooks can be connected via HDMI and VGA and we will additionally offer various adapters. Speakers should use the provided microphone.
The symposium and the workshop will be accompanied by several social events.
1 July (MAM): Beer and Pretzels
On Sunday evening, we provide beer and pretzels on the roof-top terrace
of the conference venue. This event ends the Workshop on Material Appearance Modeling
but is also open to attendees of EGSR, who have already arrived.
2 July: Welcoming Reception with BBQ
The first day of EGSR ends with a welcoming reception in the Gartensaal of the Karlsruhe Palace. In this scenic location at the heart of the city, we will be having a barbecue. The location (Schloßbezirk 10, 76131 Karlsruhe) is 800 meters from the conference venue and we will walk there together.
View Larger Map
3 July: Conference Dinner
On the second evening of EGSR, the conference dinner takes place at the Kesselhaus Färberei. Attendees can look forward to an exquisite four-course set menu in a stylish location. Transportation through buses to the event location (Griesbachstr. 10c, 76185 Karlsruhe) and back into the city will be provided.
View Larger Map
Attendees are responsible for their own transportation to the venue. Below is some advice on how to get to Karlsruhe and how to get around in the city.
Traveling to Karlsruhe
- By plane:
- Nearby airports are Frankfurt (FRA), Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden (FKB), Strasbourg (SXB) and Stuttgart (STR). Attendees from other continents are most likely to find a good connection to Frankfurt (FRA). The fastest trains from “Frankfurt(M) Flughafen Fernbf” to “Karlsruhe Hbf” take one hour.
- By train:
- There are many high-speed trains going to “Karlsruhe Hbf”. For example, there are direct connections from Basel (1.5 hours), Cologne (2 hours), Frankfurt (1 hour), Munich (3.5 hours) and Paris (2.5 hours). German trains may be booked at bahn.com, for French trains tgv-europe.com is useful.
- By car:
- Karlsruhe can be reached via Autobahn A5 or A8.
Transportation in Karlsruhe
Unless your accommodation is far from the venue, most distances should be easily walkable. We do not recommend getting a rental car since parking may be difficult. If you arrive by train, you might want to take the tram to get from “Karlsruhe Hbf” to your hotel or the venue. We will organize transportation for the social events.
- Public transportation in Karlsruhe:
- The KVV serves many trams and city trains (with an S in their designation) throughout the city. Visit their website to find time tables and connections. Owners of a BahnCard get discounted tickets.
- From “Karlsruhe Hbf” to the venue:
- Starting from “Karlsruhe Hbf” board any of the following trains:
Get off the train at Durlacher Tor / KIT-Campus Süd. Enter the KIT Campus and follow the Rudolf-Plank-Straße, then turn left onto the Engelbert-Arnold-Straße. The venue will be to your left at house number 2. The unique KIT building number is 11.30. Other nearby train stations are Kronenplatz (Fritz-Erler-Str.) and Kronenplatz (Kaiserstr.).
- Line 2 in direction Wolfartsweier,
- Line S4 in direction Weinsberg,
- Line S7 in direction Tullastraße,
- Or line S8 in direction Tullastraße.
Attendees have to organize accommodation on their own. There will be no discounted rates at hotels for EGSR attendees. Many hotels are within walking distance from the venue. You can book them directly or use booking portals such as booking.com
EGSR 2018 is organised by Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
and its Computer Graphics Group